Your chance to train with the legend
Royce Gracie, of the legendary Gracie family, one of the most prolific and influential MMA fighters in history - led a three hour seminar including standup, takedowns and ground fighting Monday 9th March 2015 at CAIA. Photos are below.
Royce Gracie became an 'underdog' hero while changing the landscape of combat sports and revolutionizing martial arts forever. After winning the first UFC Tournament(s) (UFC1, UFC2, UFC4), he proved that with the knowledge of his father's fighting style (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) a "David" could beat a "Goliath". Royce is the only fighter in history to defeat four opponents in the same night; unlike today, these tournaments had no weight divisions, no time limits and no real rules. In Brazil they were called "Vale Todo" in America it became 'no-holds-barred' and was quickly ruled illegal throughout most of the U.S. In 2003, Royce was the first fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. His record of 'victories via submissions' remain untouched.
A unique Martial Arts and Fitness training centre in Perth. From Kickboxing to Krav Maga, Japanese Jujutsu to BJJ, Sword, Stick, MMA, Boxing, Yoga and much more - all in one place with internationally accredited instructors in a family friendly environment.
Latest from Combat Arts Institute of Australia
- An Elevator Ride That Changed My Life: A Tale About Heart
- Bring the Ring to the Street: Self Defence Lessons from Combat Sports
- Let's Settle it! The Best Self Defence System is...
- Etudes for Boxing (or 'Learning How to Make a Great Speech') - Drills for Timing, Range and Self Expression
- FREE BJJ Open Week Perth Dec 1st - 8th, 2017